Relational Ministry seeks to address the issues fueling the crisis of people in need.
Through Relational Ministry , Love INC trains and links church members with people in need on a long-term basis. This includes classes and one-on-one mentoring to help people in the Newberg area who are stuck in the cycle of poverty. The goals of Relational Ministry are to:
- Help individuals take positive steps toward increased self-sufficiency
- Teach and encourage problem-solving skills
- Develop ongoing relationships
- Share the love of Christ with an individual or family
- Grow as Christians through our experiences in helping others
- Support and equip volunteers
Through Relational Ministry, individuals and families have an opportunity to set goals, learn valuable skills, and be made aware of both church and community resources. In addition, spiritual and emotional support is shown to all that attend.
Relational Ministry is hosted at Newberg Friends Church from 7:00pm to 8:30 pm every Thursday night. There are opportunities for everyone to use their gifts, talents and resources to truly make a difference in the lives of people in the Newberg area. Please consider being a mentor!